Common Landscaping Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
The exterior of your home should not be neglected. This doesn’t just mean ensuring the roof, siding and gutters are always looking great, but your yard as well. When choosing to do some landscaping, you can’t go wrong, but there are a number of mistakes that can be made even though you had the best intentions.
Here some of the common mistakes seen by a landscaping service in Foristell, MO, and how to avoid them:
- Not considering the location of plants: When landscaping, whether you are doing the job yourself or have hired a landscaping service, it would be wise to carefully consider the location of each and every plant you want to include in your design. Plants placed in a dark, shady area aren’t going to survive, so it would be best to plant them in a location that offers them the perfect amount of sunlight and water.
- Incorrect amount of lawn fertilizer: A healthy green lawn is something many homeowners desire. Lawn fertilizer in Foristell, MO is pretty much necessary when landscaping, especially if you want a beautiful yard. Although people are aware of how fertilizer can help them, they often make the mistake of not using it at all or using way too much. If you want to reap the benefits, you have to use the correct amount of fertilizer during both the spring and fall.
- Too much pruning: Your trees and bushes will need just as much attention as your grass and plants during the landscaping process. Where people go wrong with getting their trees and bushes under control is when it comes to pruning. Rather than stopping, they keep going and prune more than necessary. You could hire a tree service in Foristell, MO and have an experienced professional handle this job for you, or prune just a little and walk away as soon as things look better than they used to.
- Lack of exterior lighting: People will admire your yard during the day when the sun is shining, but why not let them be just as mesmerized by it at night? Exterior lighting can add to your yard’s beauty and make it stand out after the sun has set. More importantly, you and your guests will be able to see the walkway and safely get from point A to point B, no matter how dark it is outside.
- Too many lawn decorations: The goal of landscaping is to have a beautiful yard. This can sometimes be achieved by adding a few lawn decorations, but you have to be careful, because you don’t want to have too many. It only takes one lawn misplaced or poorly chosen decoration to throw everything off and completely ruin the look and feel of your yard, so be mindful of what decorations you choose and how many there are.
Not every homeowner is concerned with how their yard looks, but this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider landscaping to get your yard looking healthy and beautiful. However, you do want to avoid making the above mistakes, because you could find yourself left to deal with a not-so-attractive yard.
Are you planning to do a bit of landscaping this fall? The professional from American Grasslands can help give you the lawn of your dreams. Contact us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Landscaping Service, Lawn Fertilizer, Tree Service